Monday, January 12

Should you keep your mediator notes?

I don't and I even say that in my engagement information.

But Australian attorney mediator, Michael Creelman, has had concerns about this and sees it as a professional indemnity issue in his piece Mediators’ notes of the mediation - a mediator's protective device

"A practice appears to have been built up, at least from anecdotal evidence, of mediators destroying their notes following mediation. It is submitted that this practice could eventually be the downfall of those particular mediators" [read more]

1 comment:

Colm said...

Interesting article Geoff, but I follow the same procedure you do and have no intention of changing it.

I have sent your question (with a link to your post)to the Mediate-Canada group I moderate and will let you know if I get any comments on the topic.