Saturday, July 12

Jazz brings mediation alive

Some years ago I started a post with 'Yeah well, I'm not sure that I get the whole 'mediators can learn from improv comedy' thing to be honest...'

But since then I have read the wonderfully refreshing Improvisational Negotiation by Jeff Krivis and talked to him about the connections between jazz and mediation. And when someone like Jeff says this is the next frontier for mediators, you better listen up.

So I wasn't surprised to hear music coming from Jeff's classroom at Pepperdine where he was teaching Improvisational Mediation recently - but I was alarmed to hear he had smuggled a whole jazz band in there!

[click on the LADJ article to read more]

For more;

Jeff Krivis' Stand-Up Comedy:Lessons For Mediators
Debra Gerardi's
Developing Creativity and Intuition for Resolving Conflicts: The Magic of Improvisation
Robert Benjamin's Mediation As Theater And Negotiation As Performance Art

No comments: