Tuesday, May 23

I Want It Freakin' All - and I Want It Freakin' Now

There was too much time to reflect on the day as I circled Wellington airport in the winter mist tonight.

I avoided my annoying internal voice whining that if I still thought that 'I'd give my life for this job' I was about to get my wish.
...the landing gear went up and down too many times and, on one occasion, too late...


Instead, I was more comfortable playing back the day in my head, especially the party openings.

They weren't as bad as the opening from hell, but one of them came close.

They obviously hadn't heard my stock law firm speech 'Don't mention the war' or 'Let's cut to the chase...and other first hour no-no's.

In the first 5 minutes we were treated to highlights like:

>to settle we must have...
>we have no room to...
>you have to accept that...
>our bottom line is...
>we won't go away for less than...
>what you people need to understand...
>your problem is...
>let me finish!
>the case involves...
>that's not our problem...
>(thinks) how can I piss them off most in my first chance to speak directly to them...

No comments: