Thursday, September 20

Live Blogging from the LEADR Conference in NZ

Mediator friends and colleagues John Hardie, Pele Walker, Deb Clapshaw, Nina Khouri and new kiwi, David Hoffman

Today is our first full day of one of the most important gatherings on the Australasian mediation calendar.

Yesterday afternoon we heard from David Hoffman on Mediation and the Meaning of Life, after which 10 of us gathered at my home for an early summer BBQ (above). So many top mediators in one room!

Today I spoke to both Mike Lind and Jim Melamed by video from the UK (2am) and the US (4.30pm). Wonderful to have these guys come visit for an hour and share their knowledge.

Then we learnt the state of the play in India from Prathamesh Popat, a Mumbai mediator. Prathamesh is the convener of the Indian Merchants' Chamber's Task Force for Online ADR and also heads the Alternate Dispute Resolution Section of the Technology Law Forum. Prathamesh is also an expert on ODR in India.

And then it was off to see Bill Rainey from Concordia and his session on Marketing and Sales: a mediator's natural skill set.

And look at this!

Over at Mediator Tech Tammy Lenski has posted a podcast Welcome, LEADR Dispute Resolvers! especially for my 40 sites session tomorrow.

And Jim Melamed did the same here! "...from your mates at Mediate.com"

Man, I've got great mates out there.

The conference dinner is set for tonight.
Update: My online friend, mediator and blogger, Chris Annunziata over at CKA Mediation and Arbitration Blog posts Hello to the Participants at the LEADR ADRConference! My thanks Chris.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Geoff, the conference sounds fantastic. I may just have to get myself to NZ next year...

Chris Annunziata said...

Any time. I saw an uptick in traffic overnight, so I'm sure the presentation went well.